Frequently Asked Questions
- I will bring expertise and an objective eye to your situation. With a fresh perspective and my problem-solving knowhow, we’ll create order and beauty out of chaos.
- I will work with you to create systems that work for you, to create new and effective ways of organizing your home.
- I will guide you in a process of discarding objects you neither want nor need – objects that are cluttering your life and causing you unnecessary stress.
By hiring a professional organizer, you’re making a commitment to create a more beautiful and functional home environment . . . as well as a more peaceful and balanced life!
Think of all the people who want, and need, to lose weight. They could do it on their own, but somehow they just can’t crack the code. Many years go by and even decades before they make the commitment to lose those extra pounds. They join a program like Weight Watchers, and that gives them the structure they need to finally get trim and fit.
Yes, we all know we should exercise, eat more veggies and fewer hamburgers . . . but sometimes we need the extra help and motivation of a structured program to make it happen.
In the same way, a professional organizer can provide you with the expertise – as well as the coaching and support – to put you on the road to success.
Organizing is a mix of logic, common sense, and creativity. When we’re stressed and overwhelmed, all those seem to disappear! As your organization coach, I can help you find those qualities in yourself and put them to work for you!
- The size of the space that needs organizing
- The amount and type of clutter that needs to be tackled
- How quickly you are able to make decisions about how to handle and dispose of items
It’s not likely that your degree of disorganization “happened” over the course of a few weeks or months. Just as the human body gains weight over time, losing that weight by dieting also happens gradually.
Depending on the level of clutter, it usually takes several 3 hour sessions to accomplish organizing goals. We’ll work together to go through the steps needed to start and complete your organizing project, and to create systems that will work for your unique situation in the months and years to come.
- Being disorganized can be expensive, in more ways than one. It hampers your productivity and costs you time when you can’t find what you’re looking for. It saps your self-esteem and hinders your effectiveness as an adult living in an ever-more complex world.
- Just think what you could do with extra time and space . . . and peace of mind.
- What is it worth to you to have more time and energy to pursue your goals and interests?
- What is it worth to you to live a life free of chronic stress, frustration, and chaos?
- I can help you get there.
- Note: My prices do not include the cost of organizing materials that you may want to purchase (baskets, closet shelving/racks, home office filing systems/folders, cabinets, etc).
It’s best to leave your space exactly as is. That way I can best help you by seeing how you live and use your current space.
To get the most out of our time together:
- Don’t schedule any conflicting appointments on our workday
- Relax the night before
- Give yourself credit for taking the first step toward getting organized!
Appointments canceled/changed less than 48 hours in advance of a scheduled appointment will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
Emergencies are handled on a case-by-case basis.
Organizing with Amy follows the written Code of Ethics Code of Ethics , provided by the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO). All information received from or disclosed by the client is considered strictly confidential and will be treated as such. In addition, your neighbors, friends, relatives will not know who I am unless you choose to tell them.
I have dedicated my career to helping people get organized. My purpose is to help you create a space that looks good, feels comfortable, and is functional – so that you can live the life you want to live. I respect each client’s privacy, and I fully recognize that clutter and disorganization can cause a lot of stress – and that this may be a very emotional time for you. I am on 100% on your side, and you can rest assured I’ll be your coach and cheerleader, not your judge.
However, we will work together during our sessions to clean the spaces we are organizing in order to eliminate dust or dirt, etc.
- Your time will be wasted searching for items.
- The average person wastes 3-6 weeks each year looking for misplaced items.
- You probably will waste money buying duplicate items.
- You are unaware the you have foods, medicine and other items that are expired.
- Your stress will continue as you continue to look for items.
- You may incur late fees and/or interest charges.
- Gift certificates, coupons may go unspent or lost.
- The relationship with your spouse and children could deteriorate.
Ready to Get Organized?